A guide to effective corporate and project management in the construction industry with a focus on the role that people play in the process
Global Construction Success explores the importance that human dynamics play in risk management of construction projects. Every time a project is structured, designed and built, personal behaviours and inputs can either lead to success or be the cause of failure. With contributions from noted experts on the topic, the book offers insight into stakeholders' reactions in a variety of situations, provides expert analyses of risk management and proposes potential solutions and recommendations in order to ensure effective construction management.
The book explores common causes of project failure, outlines the key factors of successful projects, shows how to implement Public Private Partnerships, explores the different stages of structuring projects and reveals what it takes to manage difficult client/contractor relationships. International case studies of major projects clearly illustrate how communications and relationships can lead to helpful solutions to commonly encountered challenges to achieve positive results.
- Offers a comprehensive review of the impact human dynamics play in the success or failure of construction projects
- Stresses the importance of the leadership of senior management
- Offers a chapter on managing and resolving conflicts
- Shows why the industry needs better risk management
- Includes new information for managing communications and relationships
- Explores new areas of technology that are being embraced by the construction industry
Written for construction industry senior management in both the corporate and government sectors, project management professionals, consultants and supply chain participants, Global Construction Success includes material for minimizing risk and improving management quality and profitability when working with international construction projects.